YOU LIVE IN HAIL COUNTRY INDIANA. ARE YOU PREPARED?
Whether you live in Indiana, or elsewhere, hail storms don’t last long, but they pack a real punch. Every year, hail causes nearly $1 billion in damages, mostly to repair roofs and cars. A single series of evening storms in North Texas in May of 2011 caused an estimated $200 million to $300 million in damages, according to one estimate.*
You can save hundreds of dollars and hours of clean-up by making sure you understand your coverage, and taking some precautions, including checking your roof before the next hail storm.
Know What Your Insurance Covers and How Much You Need
- Check your policy to see what’s covered and the deductible you’ve chosen. Check with us at Harrington Hoch Insurance for added peace of mind.
- Your insurance policy typically covers the cost to repair roofs and cars, and other common hail damage.
- However, you may have a higher deductible for wind/hail damage.
Richmond, You Can Take Action to Reduce Damage
If you haven’t taken a look at your roof in a while, now’s the time. Roof repairs today can help you avoid extensive, time-consuming clean-up later.
- Repair or replace worn, curled or missing shingles.
- If your roof is aging, consider replacing it before hail season begins.
When Storms Hit in Indiana, Protect Yourself-and Your Car
In severe storms, a hail stone can be as big as a softball and fall at 50-100 miles an hour.
- Stay indoors!
- Stay away from skylights and glass doors to avoid broken glass.
- If it is safe, close drapes, blinds, or shades to prevent debris from blowing inside.
- If you can, park your car in the garage or other covered area.
For further questions and assistance, please contact Harrington Hoch Insurance at 765-962-9502.
Content provided by: Safeco Insurance
*Southwestern Insurance Information Service
Comments are closed