BE THE PINNACLE OF HEALTH, WELLNESS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
It goes without saying that keeping yourself and your family healthy through the holiday season in Indiana can be a challenge. When you combine chillier temps, housebound days, year-end deadlines and pre-holiday preparation – not to mention kids passing around colds at school like they’re playing “Hot Potato” – you can end up spending the holidays under the covers.
No matter how many inherent seasonal risk factors you face, there are ways to prepare for and get through the season virtually unscathed. At Harrington Hoch Insurance, we wish for you a happy and abundantly healthy holiday season, so here are a few tips to help you stay well and enjoy!
- Consider ‘sticking it’ to the Flu. Flu shots seem to be available at practically every drug store or pharmacy in Richmond. Discuss with your doctor the pros and cons of flu shots for yourself and your family.
- Get some zzz’s. The holiday hustle and bustle can interfere with normal sleep patterns, yet sleep is essential to health and healing. Prioritize getting enough sleep – or taking a quick nap – despite your busy schedule.
- Fill the fridge. It’s easy to allow your pantry to start looking like a sweet shop as the holidays near. Take care to stock your refrigerator and cabinets with healthy snacks and ingredients for balanced meals. Think fruit, nuts, lower-calorie snacks, veggies and lean proteins.
- Get real. Emotional health is important, too, so be realistic about what can be expected through the season. Just because it’s the holidays doesn’t mean that Aunt Zoe and Uncle Andrew from Indiana will finally mend their rocky relationship.
- Keep moving. Despite the many holiday temptations to just relax, don’t give in to being a couch potato. Get to the gym or yoga studio, go for a walk in Richmond County or Wayne County, jump on the treadmill or dance. The important thing is to just move!
From Harrington Hoch Insurance to you, we wish you a happy and healthy holiday season!
For further questions and assistance, please contact Harrington Hoch Insurance at 765-962-9502.
Content provided by: Safeco Insurance
Comments are closed